All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.
Groucho Marx



Sunday, August 15, 2010

REPUBLICANS AND RIGHT WING MEDIA TAKE ISSUE WITH THE U.S. CONSTITUTION AND THE PRESIDENTIAL OATH OF OFFICE AND POSSIBLY THE TOOTH FAIRY AND APPLE PIE AS WELL

THE REPUBLICAN RIGHT-WING COMES OUT AGAINST FREEDOM OF RELIGION

Republicans and right-wing media are attacking President Obama's statement that he "believe[s] that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country" and are entitled to build a mosque in Lower Manhattan.

Either they have not read the Constitution;

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

or the Presidential Oath;

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

in which the President swears to preserve, protect and defend the constitution, or they have and they don’t believe in either one.

Perhaps they should take the time to read the document that they so readily send our youth out to defend with their lives because if they have read it, their beliefs, while cloaked to seem patriotic could not be more unpatriotic and un-American. Shame on them!

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me

and by that time no one was left to speak up."

No comments: