All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.
Groucho Marx



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Francesca Carlow Endorsed by New York State Democratic Campaign Committee

The New York State Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee has endorsed Francesca Carlow in her run for State Senate.

On Wednesday, in a statement on the steps of the New York State Supreme Court in Mineola, Francesca Carlow said;

"I am very pleased that the DSCC has embraced my vision for a better Long Island and for honest, responsive, representation in government.

Unlike my Republican opponent, I am not a career politician. As someone who has never run for office before, I began this race because I was tired of the dysfunction and waste in Albany. I think we all are.

Year after year, for 34 years, Kemp Hannon has been sent to Albany. Year after year, our taxes have skyrocketed while our business environment has eroded. Our children can no longer afford to stay on Long Island and raise their own families here.

It is time for a new approach. It is time to use our resources to attract new business and high paying jobs to Long Island. Doing so will broaden our tax base and help stem the rise in our property taxes.

I want to stress, that I am the people’s candidate. My only allegiance is to the people of Long Island. In all that I do, they will always be uppermost in my mind."

No comments: